I finally finished the quilt and pillow sham for my aunt. I had rearranged some of the blocks in a top I found in my grandmother’s stash. A friend, Dawn Cynamon, did a great job quilting it on her longarm. I applied the binding completely by machine. Now it’s delivered and fits her bed just the way she wanted. Aunt Dot is very happy!
You might notice an interesting treatment on the corner at the foot of the bed. That corner fell to the floor and then some, creating a trip hazard. We folded the corner up and pinned it with a no longer used breast pin from her collection. She thinks it makes a nice finishing touch. So do I!
Gil, my sweet husband, and I have been working on a video to show how I made those great mitered corners on the baby quilt a few posts ago. It’s titled “Mitered Borders Made Easy With School Glue”. He learned how to use his camera to make the videos. I learned how to use “Movie Maker” to edit the videos and add narration.
Tonight I published it to YouTube! Take a look and tell me what you think!
I also changed the name on my blog address so everything matches up. Makes it feel a bit more orderly. It may have messed up links but I suppose it can all be repaired. By the way, I have invited Order into my life this year. I hope she visits regularly!