This morning I was thinking about what to make for a potluck this afternoon. Celery salad popped into my mind. Never had it, never heard of it, but why not. Checked with Mr. Google to see what’s been done before. Not seeing exactly what I had in mind, I just made one up. Gil and I both like it. We’ll see what the others think in a few hours.
Here’s the recipe, simple and easy:
- 4 cups thinly sliced celery and celery leaves
- 1 Tablespoon thinly sliced, chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Mix well and serve.
Update–I think they liked it!